Corn Drying Rates
• 2.75 cents per point of moisture removed (figured to the 1/10th percent)
• Corn is dried to 15% moisture to sell and 14% moisture to store.
• 1.35% total shrink = 1.18 normal shrink + .17 handling shrink
Bean Moisture Discounts
• 1% of price each ½% moisture over 13% to 15%
• 2% of price each ½% moisture over 15%
• Over 20% is subject to rejection
Minimum storage: 13.00 (cents)
State sales tax: .91
After the first 90 days, storage accrues daily at .0008 per day. Minimum will buy 90 days of storage based on the weighted average delivery date.
Minimum storage: 15.00 (cents)
State sales tax: 1.05
After the first 90 days, storage accrues daily at .001 per day. Minimum will buy 90 days of storage based on the weighted average delivery date.
When grain is sealed and a warehouse receipt is issued, storage, freight and drying must be paid in advance. A warehouse receipt will not be issued if this is not done. If grain is not sealed, scale tickets are proof of storage and no warehouse receipt is needed.
Declaration of Grain
All grain delivered to TriOak facilities must be declared as sold (contract/spot) or stored by Monday evening of the week following delivery. If no declaration is made at or prior to that time, grain will automatically be placed in storage.