These programs, developed by the National Pork Board, involve producer education, farm site assessment and animal handling training. PQA Plus training is provided to all employees and contract partners. Every transportation driver attends TQA training to learn about swine behavior and animal handling.
The TriOak Standard
We train our employees and contractors to perform beyond industry standards – what we call the “TriOak Standard.” By providing and maintaining top-notch facilities and equipment, keeping meticulous animal health records and respecting the well-being of each animal, TriOak takes pride in its role as a provider of quality pork products.
TriOak Foods is committed to these practices:
- Providing facilities to protect and shelter pigs from weather extremes.
- Providing well-kept facilities to allow safe and humane housing and movement of pigs.
- Providing personnel with training to properly handle pigs at each stage of production.
- Providing access to clean water, nutritionally balanced diets and fresh air.
- Daily observation of pigs to ensure basic needs are being met.
- Providing prompt veterinary medical care when illness or injury are present.
- Maintaining biosecurity policies to protect pig health.
- Providing transportation that avoids undue stress on pigs.
We recognize that maintaining and improving the health and well-being of our animals is a continuous process. TriOak Foods is dedicated to clearly communicating our policies, providing ongoing training for all of our animal caretakers and producing the highest quality pork products in the marketplace.
Training and Compliance Contact Information
Megan Beckman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Geoff Theobald – email@example.com